Detail-focused professional with a Master of Project Management degree combined with hands on experience in fast-paced corporate production environments. Background includes coordinating projects and strategizing content, with a recognized ability to meet deadlines and deliver quality results.
- Corporate communications
- Cyber security communications
- Project management
- Digital and Agile transformation
- Content strategy
- Translate technical concepts to plain English
- Integrated Marketing communications
- Business writing/editing
- Advertising agency and branding experience
Master of Project Management (2013)
Keller Graduate School of Management, Chicago, IL
- Coursework included classes in Project Management Systems, Managing Conflict in the Workplace, Project Cost and Schedule Control, Project Risk Management, and Contract and Procurement Management
- Capstone Project: Global Initiative
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate of Museum Studies – Public History (2005)
University of North Carolina, Greensboro
Bachelor of Arts in English (May 1990)
University of Wisconsin, Madison
BUSINESS SUPPORT CONSULTANT, Communications Lead - Strategy, Digital and Innovation (SDI) Shared Services, Wells Fargo, Charlotte, NC
May 2019 – Present
- Created and manage holistic communication plan and business processes. Write and distribute internal communications for the Delivery Team, Agile colleagues, and Tool Coaches.
- Manage, write and distribute twice monthly newsletter for 1,000+ audience, working as a liaison with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and leadership to communicate best practices, actions required and enterprise updates.
- Wells Fargo Brand Steward; provide Wells Fargo Branding guidance and attend monthly Brand calls.
- Facilitate monthly All Hands team meeting; develop content with leadership and present.
- Perform quarterly communications archiving on SharePoint.
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT, Wells Fargo, Human Resources. On assignment through Aerotek, Charlotte, NC
July 2018 – Jan. 2019
- Wrote internal communications for Annual Benefits Enrollment program, translating formal health insurance terms to plain English. Wrote advertising and branding taglines, video scripts, targeted emails and more with call-to-action language.
- Tested internal emails; created Teamworks benefits blurbs and additional benefits emails; assisted with educational content inventory.
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT, Wells Fargo, Operational Risk and Compliance. On assignment through Aerotek, Charlotte, NC
October 2017-June 2018
- Supported Strong Foundations change initiative workstreams: engaged leaders and wrote communication plans; created and edited deliverables, including manager talking points and FAQs.
- Wrote and edited monthly Strong Foundation newsletter documenting workstream milestones through stories; strategized content, interviewed subject matter experts, drafted stories, maintained detailed version control.
- Maintained SharePoint story topics site; provided readership analytics.
COMMUNICATIONS PROJECT MANAGER, Global Information Security, Bank of America. On assignment through Signature Consultants, Charlotte, NC
Nov. 2016-April 2017
- Strategized and wrote communication plans for internal tool migrations, including project details, awareness communication dates, and social cascading agenda.
- Re-wrote and streamlined FS-ISAC Application Security Monitoring whitepaper for third party working group, translating cyber security guidelines to plain language for a broad-based audience.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS WRITER – SELF EMPLOYMENT
1995 – 2019. DBA Chatterbox Consulting.
- Wrote print and web marketing collateral for high tech companies with a focus on Digital Transformation.
- Researched and wrote white paper on the impact of emerging Artificial Intelligence (AI) applications on the customer experience.
- Created marketing collateral for cloud-based videoconferencing company. Researched current trends to target a specific demographic, i.e. "Game of Thrones."
- Wrote product sheets and customer success stories for Resolve/Alacrity/Lowe's Home Improvement.
- Created and edited digital content for local healthcare company, including corporate bios and success stories for print and web.
- Edited digital content for cloud-based data center company. Reworked previous copy to match new content and establish a common tone.
- Researched and wrote financial advertorials for bills.com, with call-to-action language.
- Compiled marketing collateral, used by a major Japanese tech company with American clients, on the impact of cloud computing.
- Managed onsite digital content project for J. Walter Thompson in Chicago, IL.
- Performed site audit work for major database company; rewrote and streamlined RFPs.
- Created press materials, data sheets, white papers and print ads for large Silicon Valley companies such as Adobe Systems, Inc. Onsite contract Marketing Communications Specialist at Silicon Graphics Inc.
- Wrote detailed 31-page marketing document (PDF) for Cisco to promote their IBM Internetworking service.
Tatum Toomey Whicker
High Point, NC
1999 to 2000
- Created advertising/branding campaigns for companies across diverse industries. Composed ad copy, product catalogs, and other print collateral, working with art directors for maximum visual appeal.
NEWS EDITOR (1993 to 1995)
SunWorld Magazine became Advanced Systems in 1993.
Advanced Systems Magazine
San Francisco, CA
- Ensured quality and accuracy of copy through editing of news section and product briefs.
- Selected "Product of the Month" feature, wrote news articles, captions, sourced art, and planned infographics with art department.
- Hired writers and administered news budget.
NEWS REPORTER (1992 to 1993)
San Francisco, CA
- Authored several monthly articles on various Unix hardware/software products and industry developments by translating technical information into plain language.
- Won two recognition awards from I.D.G. (International Data Group) President for outstanding reporting and writing.
- Represented SunWorld at high-tech industry events and national trade shows.
Return to top of page